Mechanical Ants - autonomous delivery robots
STAGE 3 - April 2020 design update
Got back to Robaka after a long break.
- Added 10 Hz GPS receiver for outdoor coarse localization
- Added manual teleoperation using PS4 joystick via Bluetooth LE
- Added Intel Realsense D435 camera on a mast, to compute driveable surface
- Switched WiFi to AP mode for outdoor connectivity
- Powered Jetson Nano from the hoverboard battery pack using 5V 4A DC-DC converter
- Added fan for Jetson Nano - required to run heavy GPU loads
- Added reset and power buttons for Nano
- CNN-based image semantic segmentation to compute driveable surface
STAGE 1 - May 2019 till July 2019: introduction to mobile robotics.
Working on a robocar platform based on NVIDIA Jetson Nano + Arduino, equipped with LIDAR, ultrasonic sensors, IMU, odometry sensors and camera. It's my ROS and SLAM testbed for indoor autonomy. Here's the Medium article about building the first prototype.